Jump to navigation Jump to search
From today's featured article
1080° Snowboarding is a 1998 snowboarding video game developed by Nintendo Entertainment Analysis & Development and published by Nintendo. It was released for the Nintendo 64 and re-released in 2008 for the Wii's Virtual Console. In the game, the player controls one of five snowboarders from a third-person perspective, using a combination of buttons to snowboard past flags, jump and perform tricks over eight levels. The objective is either to arrive quickly at a level's finish line or to receive maximum points for grabbing or spinning the board in trick combinations. 1080° was announced in November 1997 and developed over the course of nine months; it garnered critical acclaim and won an Interactive Achievement Award from the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. It sold over two million units, and a second installment, 1080° Avalanche, was released for the Nintendo GameCube in November 2003. (Full article...)
Did you know ...
In the news
On this day
Other areas of Wikipedia
- Community portal – Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas.
- Help desk – Ask questions about using Wikipedia.
- Local embassy – For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English.
- Reference desk – Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects.
- Site news – Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation.
- Village pump – For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies.
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
Free media repository
Wiki software development
Wikimedia project coordination
Free textbooks and manuals
Free knowledge base
Collection of quotations
Directory of species
Free learning tools
Free travel guide
Dictionary and thesaurus
This Wikipedia is written in English. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.